Residential Care provides accommodation, support and personal care for people who can no longer live safely at home. Elderly can live independently in low level (hostel) care, but get help with meals and laundry, and personal care like dressing and bathing. High level care (usually in nursing home) includes ongoing nursing care, as well as meals, laundry, cleaning and personal care.
Planned Activity Group
The major goal of the PAG is to support an individual’s ability to live at home and in the community by providing a planned program of activities. The program also offers the opportunity for social interaction as well as respite and support for carers.
Home And Community Care Service
The Home and Community Care (HACC) Program provides services which support frails older people and younger people with a disability and the carers. HACC enables people to remain independent and living in their own home.
We are having in total of 6 sub-branches accross Western suburb.
Welcome to IERA
• Provide general information, practical aid, referral, counseling to assist the settlement and integration of the Indochinese elderly persons;
• Maintain and develop the cultural heritage and traditions of its members;
• Advocate and represent its members in political arena, health, education, and social welfare issues at state and local government levels;
• Develop community education programs in relation to the needs of the Indochinese elderly community;
• Foster and maintain a sense of friendship and solidarity and a spirit of co-operation among Indochinese elderly community and people of other ethnic backgrounds currently living in Australia; and
• Create opportunities for all Indochinese elderly person in Victoria to have equal access to support activities and services.