For all Senior Citizens living in Australia are deserved to live in harmonious, healthy and rewarding lives.
IERA’s main aim is to provide quality of life and quality aged care services for Senior Citizens
- To provide quality and excellence in Community and Residential Aged Care through continuous improvement, responsiveness to the need of our resident and facilitation of individuality and independence.
- To adopt “best practice” aged care services that meet all aged care legislations
- Being elderly or retired does not necessary mean everything stops; a person is always creating a path of achieving happiness through activity.
- Frailty and disability need not impact on one’s lifestyle and desires when supportive services are readily available.
- Residential Aged Care should not be paternalistic or sheltering. Rather it should challenge the resident to continue to experience all of the life’s pleasures.
- Independence is vital to personal happiness and dignity.
- Happiness and self-actualization can still be experienced despite illness, disability, and location
It is our belief that IERA members can and should continue to live a fulfilled and purposeful life, maintaining their position and role within their family and community.
We believe that Residential Aged Care should not to paternalistic or sheltering; rather it should challenge the resident to continue to experience all of the life’s pleasure.
We believe that happiness and self-actualization can be experienced despite illness, disability, and location.